Split Hazel Baskets (March 2018)
Out of stock
Two Day Course – Cost £120 Deposit £60
Saturday 10th – Sunday 11th March 2018
- The split hazel basket was the traditional smallholder basket in the Denbigh area.
- Help to rejuvenate the skills needed to peel weavers off a hazel rod and use the core to make a rim and ribs for your basket.
- You will learn the basic skills needed to make a small bowl.
- This course comes as a result of research into local hazel basketry by Ruth Pybus and the Woodland Skills Centre.
- We hope you will go away enthused to experiment with the technique and help reinvigorate this craft.