Bushcraft Skills Development for Forest School Leaders
Saturday 2nd – Sunday 3rd June 2018 – Cost £140 Deposit £70
A two day course that will consolidate and develop Forest School Leaders confidence, knowledge and practical skills.
A much requested course designed to reinforce Forest School Leaders existing skills and to further develop their knowledge, confidence and practical skills.
Expert tuition is provided throughout, and the course can be tailored to suit the needs of the group. Participants may want to recap sharpening skills, review axe work or recap their Tree identification. Additionally the instructor will constantly seek to extend participants knowledge and skills by introducing new techniques, tweaking existing ones and always adding more detail and information.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Recap knife skills and explore more advanced techniques.
- Review Tree and plant identification and gain a much deeper understanding of their properties and uses.
- Explore shelter building and tarp setup. The later is often one of the least taught and most useful sets of skills that any Forest School Practitioner can have.
- Gain a deeper understanding of firelighting using a range of techniques and natural materials.
- Try a variety of crafts that combine traditional woodwork and natural cordage techniques.
The perfect course for those wish to sharpen their skills (excuse the pun). This course is packed full of content… bring a notebook.